Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Shocking News

I am reeling in shock. I do not even have words to describe my shock. I am no longer employed. I just joined the growing ranks of unemployed Americans. I still cannot wrap my mind around it. I have worked for the Mission for 10 years, it will be so strange to not get up Monday morning and go to work. I have to say that I did not see this coming.

I have no idea what the future will hold. I feel the weight of concern over commitments and bills that will have to be paid. I also have to admit to feeling grief that I did not offer enough value to the organization to be used in some capacity.

At this point I do not even know what to say, I am still processing this event. I do believe that God is sufficient for this. I cannot begin to imagine where He will take me in the days ahead. But I believe that God is in control. I need to trust Him and I need to seek His will for my life at this time.

“Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” Psalm 9:10

Trust and wait ….. I guess it is what faith is all about.

No comments: