Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lazy Day

I have had a lazy Saturday. I slept in, puttered around the house and watched TV. I unpacked all of one half of a box. That will not help me get rid of the stacks and stacks of boxes at this rate. But to be honest I really do not feel very guilty about it.

As I look ahead I have a week of ups and downs ahead of me. Some of it will be very challenging. Some of it will be the answer to much prayer and soul searching. Some of it frankly, I am not looking forward to all.

Tomorrow is my last Sunday with the Gladstone congregation. There is such grief and anger, it is heartbreaking. It is hard to maneuver with any grace through the landmines. But I am praying for grace and love to get me through.

Monday I am going to do a short hike with my neighbor to Niagara Falls. It is only about 15 minutes away from my house and it is a beautiful short hike. It will be so good to get out and see some gorgeous scenery and enjoy good fellowship. I have not spent much time with her in the last month and I am looking forward to this.

On Tuesday I have an appointment at the court. It is time to file the next set of papers for the legal separation. I so want this to be done with. It has been extremely hard for me to push this through. If I did not think it was so important, I would not go through this misery, I think the legal and emotional protection this separation brings is important. I will not live in fear any longer. I will live free and strong.

Then Friday I pick up Joy and meet mom and dad and head to Eugene for my ordination ceremony. How I have longed and prayed for this day. I cannot imagine what it will be like. I am very thankful for the opportunity to minister. I am excited to see what God has for me in the days ahead.

So all in all this will be a busy week. Like most of life it will have emotional ups and downs for me. I guess my job is to maneuver though it with grace, faith and courage. That will be challenging for me especially the courage part.

“Be strong and courageous. … for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

I am not alone. That is enough to take me into tomorrow with my head held high.

Just Connie

No comments: