Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Full Sunday

Well today was my last Sunday with the Gladstone congregation. They opted for no church service and a picnic at the park. I am glad that they had a chance to gather together and it was nice to see so many people there today. It was a very emotional time and I wish that I could have done more to ease the pain they are feeling. My prayer is that in the weeks ahead they will continue to seek God and find peace and freedom. I was touched and surprised to have cards that they signed and a love offering. About 1/3 of the congregation is out of work. I realize that what was given was probably a sacrifice and I am humbled and touched by their gift.

After the picnic I headed to Mom and Dad’s to say Happy Father’s Day. It was very good to see everyone. I even got the chance to sit and talk with my new sister in law. My sister Delinda was killed in an accident about 3 years ago and her husband has just recently remarried. I am very glad that he has found someone to share his life with. I have to say that the more time I spend with his new wife (Debbie) the more I like her. I think they are good for each other. I look forward to getting to know her more in the months ahead.

I have a wonderful family. It is absolutely chaos when we all get together, but it is a wonderful chaos. We love each other passionately and would move heaven and earth to help each other out. I might not always be comfortable in the midst of the family, but I never doubt their unqualified love for me and that is an incredible and rare thing.

I am very thankful to have the love and support of my family. I am thankful for the stability and help they offer when my steps falter and my emotions overwhelm me. In the past 6 months they have kept a close eye on me as I have walked a new and uncertain road. They are a gift from God and tonight I give thanks for all of them.

"Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." Mark 5:19

God is moving and He has good things in store for me. I just need to keep moving ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: