Monday, June 29, 2009

Lazy Day

This has been a rather lazy day. I have worked outside a little bit, done a little bit of house work and napped a little bit. Luckily I did not have anything pressing that I had to accomplish today. but I can see where this kind of open schedule would not be a good thing if it were to go on indefinitely. I am not getting much done except sleep.

I did get my materials today for Vacation Bible School which is coming up in a couple of weeks. I have not been involved with a VBS since I was at Mt Scott about 12 years ago. I think it will be fun. They would also like me to do music. So I will do my best. I have to learn the music, which means I need a piano to pick out the parts. I have gotten lazy over the years I guess. I have not had much opportunity to practice my music skills over the past 10 years. So I really need to kick things up a notch.

This weekend is 4th of July. Willamina has a big country celebration on the 4th. There are community picnics and music, a parade and fireworks, it is lots of fun. The church has a booth selling elephant ears and I will help with the clean up for that.

My husband and I usually were on vacation for the 4th July. I am trying hard to not focus on his absence and to make sure that I have things to do to keep me busy. But I have to admit to some sadness lurking around the edges of my busyness.

I know that God is sufficient for this time of transition. He is sufficient for my sadness and loss. He is sufficient for my lack of schedule and every other thing I am facing. But it is up to me to take advantage of His all surpassing goodness. I need to rest in that grace and let His love continue to restore me.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Just Connie

No comments: