Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Life

Well another day is wrapping up. I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit. First of all I got my unemployment re-filed. After I did that, I waded through the Oregon employment I-Skills match. They categorized all of the skills from my various jobs. Once that was done they matched my skills to available jobs. They matched me up with …… drum roll please ….. exactly ZERO jobs! That just warmed the cockles of my heart. So I do not think I will get much help from the employment department in my job search. My goal tonight is to get my resume finished so I can begin to get it out to people. Sigh … something tells me that this will probably not be an easy process. But I am committed to going through this with a good attitude and a positive outlook. But in the utmost Christian maturity I would like to say, “This STINKS!" Okay, I have that out my system. I am all better now.

Next I drove into Sheridan and finally got the gas for the lawn mower. Then I made myself come home and mow the front of the house. I got it all done and I did not cry! That sounds pretty ridiculous but it has been one of those tasks that highlight the changes in my life and it is just painful to push through this. The next task will be the back. But I can do it.

While I was in Sheridan, I went to the bank and ironed out some account issues. Before I got the lawn mowed, I wrote a letter of recommendation for a man in my congregation. I e-mailed that off and fielded about 100 phone calls. Well … I guess that is an exaggeration, it was only seven or eight calls. Out that seven or eight phone calls, I really only wanted three of them. But that is probably a point that everyone can sympathize with me at.

With all of that behind me, I am now sitting with my feet up, the computer on my lap and my senile little terrier curled up beside me. He loves to lay where the fan from the computer blows hot air on him. That is fine on cold days, on hot summer days, it is a little much. I have dinner thawing out in the kitchen and I am beginning to plan how I am going to cook it.

This new life is very different. It is not what I would have chosen, but it has some positives. I can see that I will be able to take a care of a lot of loose ends that I have put off for so long. I can call the cable company, go to the bank, weed the flower beds and take care of all of those things that I have not had the time or energy to take care of. I will also get more sleep, have study time and be able to give additional time to the church.

“..just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:4

I choose to live this new life fully and completely. I will take a deep breath, square my shoulders and walk forward into the future because it is a gift form God.

Just Connie

No comments: