Monday, June 15, 2009

A New Day

This feels like my first day of unemployment. It is the first day I have been home all day since I lost my job. It is a strange feeling. I am trying to treat it like a vacation, but I can feel the sadness lurking around the edges, ready to come rushing in if I allow it an opportunity.

So I am trying to stay busy. I have been cleaning the house, doing wash, unpacking boxes. Next I have to drive to the gas station and fill up the gas can so I can go and do battle with the lawn. Sigh ….. I guess there is no excuse to not do it now. This is my chance to get the yard in decent shape. I can foresee a lot of work ahead of me.

Tomorrow I am supposed to re-file my unemployment claim. I can see where it could get fairly discouraging wading through the red tape. Hopefully I will learn my way around the system so it does not seem so overwhelming. They put last weeks claim on hold and I spent an hour on the phone today getting all of that straightened out only to find out that tomorrow I will have to file claim again for last week.

I am discovering that my life is different in almost every way. The last 6 months have brought profound changes in every area of my life. My family, my career, my friends …. everything is now different. These are not changes that I wanted … most definitely not what I wanted. However, regardless of what I want, this is what I have. I am going to try to embrace the moment I am in. It is what it is and God has something for me to learn right where I am.

"This the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24

Today is a new day and I choose to believe that is a good thing.

Just Connie

No comments: