Tuesday, August 3, 2010

13 Hour Day

I am draped over my bed with my computer on my lap. The dogs are bouncing around trying to interest me in play. I am tired. I put in a 13 hour day today and I am tired. It was not only a long day it was a difficult and challenging day.

To begin with I had things to get done. I had a sermon to write, letters to answer and I had an early morning rehearsal. That was all very do-able ..... right up unto the time it all began to unravel.  It began with some planning problems with our weekend event. The thing with most problems is that there are people attached to them. People with hurts and needs of their own and people deserve time. So much of today was spent trying to solve problems.

When I look back on today's problems I see that I was given opportunities that i never could have planned for. I was able to pray with a someone who is dying, cry with someone who was hurting and build a new partnership in the community. None of that happened within my plans for the day. It all happened with the unexpected surprises of the day.

I guess it is a good reminder for me to look with anticipation for the appointments God makes for me through the day. Who knows what He has planned for me tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: