Friday, August 6, 2010

The Event

Tomorrow is our community event. The "Evening of Hope" is finally almost here. We have been preparing for months for this. Meetings, problems, more meetings and lots of prayer have brought us here. Today I met with the other pastors and volunteers and we pulled pork for tomorrows dinner. I enjoyed working side by side with the others to prepare the food for tomorrow. Tonight I am relaxing and will have a quiet morning. Then I will meet the band and we will rehearse the music for tomorrow. After that I will join the other pastors in serving dinner as a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity.

I am looking forward to hearing the special speaker. I am also mostly looking forward to singing. I runt he gamut between terror and excitement. It has been a long time since I have sung to a large group. But I am reminding myself that I am singing for the Lord ..... sometimes that actually works. So tomorrow one of the major milestones for a summer which has been full of them will be behind me. Then it will be time to gear up for the next thing. Sigh ..... that happens  exactly 5 days later. But what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?

Just Connie

No comments: