Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Due to the major work project going on at the house, today became my sermon day. Sunday I am preaching on faith and it's importance in our lives. I threw out the following question on Facebook this mroning. "What does faith mean to you?" The outpouring of responses has been intersting. Here are some of the responses.

"I guess it means different things to different people. The bible tells us that faith is the things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen (paraphrasing the scripture). To me it's that undying knowledge of knowing that GOD may not be there when you need him, but he's ALWAYS right on time...PERIOD!!! Faith can move mountains. But most of all...Faith was the bad slayer on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" sorry had to slip in some comedy...seriously, my faith has never wavered. It gets you through some tough situations."

"To believe without seeing, touching, or for any reason. To know that God is in complete control and will take care of my every need."

"I think we have faith in many things...but sometimes it's not God. I think it's the opposite of fear.







"When we have faith, I don't believe that we think about it. It becomes part of us, like breathing air..we don't think about it much in our ...everyday lives....but if we are submersed in water.....we realize how much we took it for granted. I do believe that faith cometh from hearing....and hearing from the word of God. I think you have to seek faith out in some areas of your life...bye searching the scriptures that apply to the area that your seeking. When Jesus spoke to the devil he used the scriptures....that should tell us something...since he was and is the Word of God! I believe "

"Faith to me is a belief or trust that does not question , or ask for proof. But know is my spirit that GOD is in control. To have complete trust and conidence that He will never leave me or forsake me ."

"Faith is being willing to put yourself out there.....no matter how scary a situation and trusting that God has a plan no matter what :)"

"Faith is the light that guides you through the darkness."

"To me - It means in times of stress I hang on to my faith and I know my Lord will help pull me through. Without that deep seated faith I cannot imagine where your strength would come from. I tried to describe how I feel without using the word faith but as you can see I was unsuccessful."

"Believing those things that aren't as tho they were. Trusting in God, even though circumstances don't look good, knowing he is working out all things for good according to his purpose. When God makes a way, where there is no way, without human logic or understanding."

"Faith is the assurance that we are loved, just the way we are, by God. People are not always as generous. Faith is knowing that God keeps his promises.(Knowing his promises is helpful. Faith is knowing that God waits for us, wants more than anything in the world to spend time with us, to laugh with us, cry with us, share amazing secrets with us, if we just take a moment to listen to him. Be still-----and know that I am God."

All of these responses remind me that faith needs to be an integral part ofour everyday life. I need to stand strong and live in faith and confidence because faith is the wick on the candle shining in the dark.

Just Connie

No comments: