Friday, August 20, 2010

Building Blues

The work on the house is probably within a week of being wrapped up. I have to admit that I am very tired of working, of the unrelenting mess and the sheer lack of time to squeeze everything in. I realize that I have only been at this for a month, but when you live in such a small house and you have one room under construction and building materials and displaced furniture everywhere else it really takes a toll.

I also realize that I do not like the feeling of not being able to put my hands on what I need as well as the fact that the disarray bothers me. In the whole big picture of life I realize that these things are very small potatoes. But tonight I find that I am just tired and I would love to have a week of normalcy. But what that would look like I am not sure.

I guess when I learn what normal is ... then I can begin to expect it.

No comments: