Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Defining Moments

I had a defining moment today.  Every Christmas Day one of our local restaurants have a free dinner for the homeless and needy in our community. As I was chatting with the restaurant owner today he shared that they had 300 pounds of potatoes and did not know how they were going to get them peeled for the dinner. It was one of those moments  .... you know the moments when everything in you is saying, "You have a full schedule, you have no time ... this is Christmas week." But instead of listening to the ration and reason of my brain, I found myself saying, "I know how to peel potatoes. I can help". So this afternoon I peeled 80 pounds of potatoes in about 2 hours.  That still left 220 pounds left to peel. I am glad there are still 3 more days to go.

I think those "moments" are defining moments for us. Those moments when we can choose "me" or I can choose "you". Christ calls us to serve, in everything we are and everything we do, serve others. Today was a good reminder for me that service is always a good choice.


"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." 2 Corinthians 9:12

Just Connie

1 comment:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

True Christmas Spirit in action huh?
Merry Christmas Connie!