Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Tree

Minutes after I posted last night I had an instant message offering to come and help me put up my Christmas Tree. I just about began crying all over again. I was so relieved. In the midst of my total discouragement came help and unexpected hope.

Tonight the calvary came in the form of a family from my church.  In minutes they had the tree standing upright and in the stand. It was completely amazing. Then we had a lovely evening together talking and enjoying each other.

After they left I put the lights on the tree and began decorating. This is what it looks like so far. Tomorrow I will finish it up. Right now I have all the lights off and I am sitting here enjoying the lights and beauty of the evening. I have really missed the glow of Christmas lights and the smell of fresh evergreens.

Last night I had a tree laying on it's side in the middle of the room. Tonight with a little help I have beauty and peace. I guess I will have to learn what I can do by myself and what I cannot. Perhaps next year I will have a tree decorating party. I guess it is another painful lesson learned. Hopefully I will remember this next year.

Just Connie

No comments: