Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In The Moment

I am sitting here in the dark with the Christmas lights sparkling around me. The tree is finished and looks good. It looks different than any of my trees from the past and I think that is a good thing. The Mexican nativity set is lit with clear lights and there are two greenery arrangements with multi colored lights. The room radiates joy and peace. It is a very good place to be.

I forgot that one of the things I always used to love about Christmas was the quiet moments spent just enjoying the beauty of the moment. This is a moment worth the time. It is a moment that is worth the week long flurry of decorating and hauling things from the attic. It is worth the work and it is worth the emotions that it has engendered this year.

I guess it is a good reminder that good things are worth working for. I am glad for these moments.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Hi I am new to your sweet blog. I too love the quiet dark moments with a lit Christmas tree. I just read about the unexpected help you got putting the tree up...that must add even more sweetness to your grateful moments!
Bless you this Christmas.