Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pre Christmas Thoughts

I made the trip to my parents today. With the dogs and the presents and all of the baked goods I have been baking this past week.I packed up the car, herded the dogs in the car and headed down to the low lands.  It is always good to see my parents. I love spending time with them and I am glad to be here to lend a hand as all the family comes to their house tomorrow.

I find it amazing how things have changed over the decades. My nieces and nephews are grown and married. My own children have lives of their own. I just never thought it would all happen so quickly. The years have passed too fast. This time of year I find that I have  desire to turn back the clock, to have my children at home and have the family gathering around.

But my life is what it is and I am determined to find the joy right where I am. So I will head to bed tonight and look with anticipation for tomorrow's gathering. It might not be what I wished for or wanted but I am convinced that there is love and joy to be found there.

Just Connie

No comments: