Monday, December 13, 2010

Glad for Joy

I stood in the rain tonight and watched my daughter drive away. I waved as she pulled away and not even the rain could erase the smile off of my face.

As I walked back in the house I thought back over the evening. I had looked with such anticipation on our time together. I had cleaned and cooked and waited eagerly for her arrival. And I was not disappointed. She drove in, looking beautiful and confident. As I ran out to meet her I was flooded with so many memories of her. The tiny baby that was placed in my arms at 5 days old, the gorgeous tow headed toddler running after her brother, the athlete, the teenager ... so many memories of her.

We spent several hours together, talking, opening gifts and just enjoying our time together. She brought a room warming gift for me, a scripture saying for the wall. She even installed it for me. I have so missed our time together. Tonight was a balm to my heart and I am very thankful for it. I am glad for the gift that she is and I so look forward to more time with her this week. I am glad and that is a very good feeling .... I am glad for Joy.

  Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

Just Connie

No comments: