Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

I curled up on the couch in front of the fire this afternoon. I woke up three hours later when the dogs were demanding to to be let out. I felt like I could have slept for much longer. It felt good but is such a lazy way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I should feel guilty but I don't

After church today I had lunch with good friends today. People who knew me from back in my Nazarene days. People who have stood by me when life got hard and have been with me in the joyous times as well. It was so good to be with them and we laughed and laughed and laughed.

It reminded me that I really need to spend more time with  people. I need to play and recreate and do more than just work and be with the dogs. It adds something rich and wonderful to the fabric of my life when I do. I find that tonight I am filled with a feeling of peace and contentment. That is a feeling I would like to hang onto. I am grateful for the gift of friendship and all that it brings to my life.

Just Connie

No comments: