Friday, December 17, 2010

Open House Thoughts

I have people who love me. I have people who are my friends. I have not always felt that was the case. But today I was reminded that I am rich in the people God has surrounded me with. That is a very good feeling. Today I opened my home to the church and friends to come and see my house and celebrate Christmas with me.

It was so much fun. We ate and we talked and we laughed and then we ate some more. It was wonderful. there was a wonderful mix of ages of babies to the patriarchs and matriarchs. It was so good to see the house filled in every room with talking laughing people.

I am going to try to plan another one in late spring or early summer. I think it is good for me and good for the church as well. Perhaps I will even reclaim some of my back yard by then. Today was such fun it makes me wonder what took me so long to do this? ... Well never the less I am looking forward to the next one.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Yay for you to open your home! I too, have just recently been having people over and it is a wonderful feeling to see your home filled with laughing, chatting people!
Merry Christmas!