Thursday, February 16, 2017

Feeling Worse

I woke up feeling worse. Short of breath, pounding headache and coughing, coughing, coughing. I walked into my Dr's office and truly expected to be told that I was doing okay and to get some rest. However, the reality was ... I was in respitory distress and needed to head to the hospital. And arguing was getting me nowhere. Not to mention the bucket of tears I was crying.

So I caught a ride to the hospital with one of my minister friends and began my 7 hours at the ER. I got a chest X-ray, an ekg, blood tests, blood cultures, fluids and lots of nice people to help. The final outcome is acute bronchitis/early pneumonia. So back on the antibiotics I have only been off of for a couple of weeks.

I have to admit that this one hit me hard. Both physically and emotionally. It came on very fast, in the midst of treatment and went critical before I even knew it was a real problem.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck and all I want to do is cry.

So tonight I lay here and cough and wheeze ... And cry ...

But tomorrow is a new day ....

Just Connie

No comments: