Saturday, February 18, 2017

Hospital Stay Day 2

It was a along night, but I hope I am making progress. The respitory therapist showed me my chest X-rays and that wa interesting and a bit depressing. There were some swirly occulions which is probably pneumonia and of course the atelectasis that has been showing up for the last few months. It was interesting to see and I am always glad when I get a chance to see the actual records.

I am getting two different IV antibiotics, steroids, cough meds, insulin ... Well it just keeps gong. I have not see a DR since yesterday morning so I am not sure what the game plan is yet. Of course hope springs eternal in my heart and I am hoping they will end me home today. I guess it will depend on whether they think they are making any headway on the infection. We will see.

I am always so impressed with how nice everyone is here. I always feel like I get very good care. I am so ready to be back living life fully. Though I am already trying to figure out how I am going to juggle two treatments this week. It will be challenging, but I will make it happen. I want to be better.

I keep asking the Dr's what I am doing wrong that I can change. They keep telling me, I am doing nothing wrong I need to just keep fighting and moving ahead. Some days the fighting is easier than others.

But it is still worth it. I grew up in s family that taught me to fight ... The catch phrase was ..walk it off. So I am walking it off.

Even in this hospital bed ....

Just Connie

No comments: