Monday, February 6, 2017

Pokey Friends

I have a pokey friend. I have to say that I am pretty thankful for my pokey friend because she helped poke the treatment needles in me yesterday.

When my friends Cliff and Carolyn realized that I was going to have to do treatment on a Sunday afternoon, Super Bowl Sunday to be more specific, they came to the house and pucked me up with all of my drugs and supplies and brought me to their place.

Carolyn had gone through the training with the home health care nurse, so she was fully aware of what needed to be done. I had taken all. My pre meds and just before lunch, Carolyn set all my needles and I began the pump. By the time I finished an incredible lunch, I was was getting groggy and wrapped myself in a blanket and dozed the day away.

By the time the game was wrapping up, treatment was done. And Cliff bundled me up and took my very groggy self home.

I am so thankful for friends who will invite me into their lives and offer such meaningful help to me. It fills me with a sense of being loved and reminding me that I am not alone. And that is a pretty precious gift to give to me right now.

So tonight I am very grateful for pokey friends,who are willing to do the hard stuff with me.

Just Connie


No comments: