Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Washing Machine

The other morning my washing machine decided to empty itself all over the floor. Of course it did it while I was trying to get everything ready for treatment and get out the door. So instead of doing that I was bailing water out of the washer, mopping the floors like mad and  wringing out wet  towels. And dragging buckets and buckets of water outside to dump out.

Once I had gotten most of the disaster cleaned up I texted my neighbor man for ides or repairman suggestions. He said he would take a look while I was gone for treatment. When I staggered back home that night, the washer was out in the garage and I got a text that said, "it's dead, you need a new washer". Knowing my bank account, I certainly knew that was not going to happen. So I did what any drugged up person after treatment would do ... I cried and went to bed.

So for several days I have ignored the gaping hole where my washer belongs. It began to get harder as I have been preparing to leave town for a Conference. But I still managed to work around it. But today my mom called me to talk to me about them helping me buy a new one. I of course told them that they had no business buying me a washer. She promptly told me to shut up. On that happy note I said good bye because my neighbor man was at the door. I told him that mom and dad wanted to buy me a washer and that is when he told me they couldn't because they were too late. Because two people had already gone together and bought me a washer.

And that is when I started crying. I am overwhelmed and humbled that they would do that. What an incredible generous and loving thing to do. I guess they are installing it while I am gone to the Conference. There are no words to express my gratitude and surprise.

But I will try and I will keep on trying. I really do not. Deserve this ....

Just Connie

No comments: