Friday, February 10, 2017

Sick Lesson

The conference was going well and I was excited to hear from our Bishops. I settled myself into the auditorium in an all to familiar growing discomfort. I was getting sick to my stomach. I stuck it out till I knew it was almost too late and made a mad dash to my room where I spent the next three hours in sick misery. Frustrated, I just tried to wait it out realizing I had missed all three Bishops messages.

I finally headed back in time for the small group session, still a bit green around the edges. But I got better as the time went on, till I was finally feeling pretty good again.

I find these times of sudden, intense illness very frustrating. Some of it I know is caused by the gamma globulin treatment. Some of it is caused by something called gasteroparentisis. Where I am just not digesting the food I eat.  Whatever it is caused by, it is miserable and I hate it. Both from the time it steals from me and the discomfort and misery it brings.

But I do not want to be frustrated, this is something I cannot change. It is yet another of those things I need to accept, and just journey through. I guess a reminder that not all journeys are fun or enjoyable. But yet there are surely things for God to teach me on this journey too. I guess the question is, am I willing to learn? Am I willing to be open enough and humble enough to accept even the uncomfortable lessons?

I am willing to try .... Time will tell how successful I am....

Just Connie


No comments: