Monday, February 20, 2017

Hospital Day 4

Finally improving which has been encouraging. It is a matter of how fast and I can see treatment problems looming before me as I try to juggle days and Dr's appts. Right now I am shooting for Wednesday and Saturday.  We will see if I actually get to go home tomorrow. 

The staff here has been incredibly kind and I am very thankful for them. From the respitory therapists to the nurses, CNAs and the Dr's have all been working to help get me back on my feet. It is a good feeling to be surrounded by kind people when you are sick.

I have also been blessed by visitors from the community, the church and family who have taken the time to come and see me. They have kept me laughing and brightened long days. 

I am continually reminded of how much attitude makes makes a difference to everyone around you including myself and my recovery. And to be compliant and submissive to my care providers. I do not always find that easy. But that is probably not a surprise to anyone.

I have found that not only here at the hospital all through this health crisis I have had to give up a lot of my freedoms. I find that I really struggle with that. My life has become so defined my medical needs and demands and I do not want my life to be about my illness.

So I will try to fight the things I can, submit to the things I should, listen to my Dr's and still try to live life abundantly.

That sounds doable ... Right?

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

yeah good choices love you so much