Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Treatment a Day

Not one if my better treatment days. I showed up at the station for my pre meds after having been up coughing all night and they listened to me breathe and decided I needed a breathing treatment. So while I was waiting for treatment time, I had my vitals run and given a duo nebulizer treatment. When that was done it was time to hook up the needles and begin the gamma globulin treatment.

I no sooner got the pump hooked up and the drugs running when the chief contacted us and said he needed to talk to all of us together. We listened in stunned disbelief as he explained that the wife of one of our firefighters had unexpectedly and suddenly died. An amazing couple that all of us like and respect. This will be devastating for the whole station.

I quietly headed to bed trying to process everything and slept till lunch time. I got up, heated my lunch, checked in with the students to see how they were doing, took my next round of meds and went back to bed. This time when I woke up coughing I was also running a fever. So they did more breathing treatments and gave me Tylenol for the fever. Finally though they decided I could go home and now it is 7:30pm. I am exhausted, heartsick, feverish and tired of being sick.

And I have a feeling I have a whole lot of sick ahead of me yet .... Sigh

Just Connie

No comments: