Thursday, February 9, 2017

Pastor's Conference

I packed up and stacked my suitcases by the door as I waited for the ride that would take me to the Pastor's Conference in Northern Washington. It was dark, stormy and pouring buckets of rain. When my ride pulled in we loaded things up and began the the long trip north.

As we traveled I monitored the rising flood waters at home and posted updates on the Fire Department Facebook page to keep the community up to date on what was happening. I am continually amazed at how much I can do from a distance with technology.

We arrived late afternoon at Warm Beach Campground and were soon checked in and resting. I am not sure how sitting in a vehicle for 7 hours can make you so tired, but it does. But by 6 we were ready to meet with friends and head to dinner. For the next 2 hours we talked and laughed and enjoyed spending time together. It is so rare to be able to spend extended time together and it makes it so much richer to be able to do that.

So now, I am curled up in bed, reflecting on a great day and looking forward to tomorrow.

This is going to be a good time together.

Just Connie

No comments: