Friday, November 6, 2009

Conference Planning Retreat

Today I am heading to Aldersgate Retreat Center. I will be meeting with other Conference Committee members for a 2 day planning session. The Bishop will be there and will be speaking and teaching us.

I am really looking forward to getting to know some other pastors and leaders on our Conference. I am also looking forward to getting to know the Bishop in a smaller setting. I have not had many chances to spend time with the other pastors and I really think this will be an opportunity to get to know each other on a deeper level. At least I hope so.

I am also hoping that I will have some expertise to offer. I think that my experience and background gives me some unique perspectives. Hopefully that will be of some use in these sessions.

I have to admit that though I am looking forward to it, I am also a little bit nervous. It is so important to me to begin to fit in and find camaraderie and friendship with my colleagues.

“put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:24

I think I need to just take a deep breath and be myself. It is who god created me to be and what more could I ask than that.

Just Connie

No comments: