Friday, November 27, 2009

Joy Time

I got to see my daughter, Joy today! That is always a special day for me. I have really missed her and I was disappointed when I was unable to go down and spend the day with her in Eugene. But today she and her boyfriend Jarrod drove to Portland to see us at the hospital.

I think it was good for her to get the chance to see her grandfather. I know that it meant a lot to him as well. He loves to have his family around him. I have been so thankful for our strong loving family through these past 2+ weeks. It strengthens all of us and it is such an incredible blessing when life gets difficult.

When we left the hospital I met my daughter and her boyfriend for lunch. I had the best time with them. I wish that I had the chance to spend more time with them. They are talented and funny and interesting and just plain fun to be around. I always enjoy spending time with them.

So as I sit here tonight and reflect on the day, I am very glad for my daughter Joy and her boyfriend Jarrod. I am thankful for who they are, thankful for their healthy relationship and thankful that they can squeeze me into their busy calendars once in a while. I relaly look forward to getting to know them better.

"Early the next morning Laban kissed his grandchildren and daughters and blessed them. Then he left and returned home." Genesis 31:55

Just Connie

No comments: