Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tradegy at Fort Hood

I am so saddened tonight by the shootings at Fort Hood. What a horrific thing. I have no understanding of the hate that can motivate such an act. To walk up to total strangers and calmly and methodically kill them is beyond my comprehension.

If it is true that this is an act of the radical Muslims it is a reminder that we are truly at war. And the war is brought here to American soil. That is a rather frightening thought. How was he allowed to get as far as he did? Why didn’t the people who had flagged him do something? How could it have come to this?

I don’t know the answers to those questions but I do know that it is time for God’s people to hit our knees and pray. We need to pray for safety, pray for wisdom, pray for the Muslim. We also need to pray for the American leadership. We need to pray that they will have strength and courage and wisdom. It is time to pray for our country, pray for our hearts and pray for the families of Fort Hood.

“Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.” Psalm 54:2

Just Connie

No comments: