Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dinner with Tony

Tonight was special. My son called and invited me to come to dinner. I was thrilled. I have not met his girlfriend and she is due to deliver my first grandchild in the next couple of months.

I grabbed the baby gifts I had been saving for the last 6 months and headed to Salem. It was good to see my son Tony. I had not seen him since last Christmas. I have missed him. It was also wonderful to meet his girlfriend Stephanie. She seems to be a sweet girl and is definitely in late stage pregnancy. I wish there had been something I could have done that would have made her more comfortable. But as we all know the only relief for her will be delivery.

We had a good dinner together and then sat and watched the new Wolverine movie. (Which I loved and had never seen by the way) It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening in every way. I am also hoping that it was a bridge building evening. I would love to find a way to be more a part of my son’s life. I would like to be part of my grandson’s life as well..

I guess it will take time. I need to just keep being available. Sometimes it is so hard to wait.

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” Psalm 27:14

Just Connie

No comments: