Monday, November 9, 2009

Easy Button

Another day is winding to a close. I spent the morning preparing for the budget and finance meeting. I had spreadsheets to update and agendas to create. Then tonight I spent in a two hour budget and finance meeting. It was very uncomfortable because we were dealing with pastoral salaries tonight.

Sigh …. I wish there was an easy button for things like this. Just push the button and it would all be done and balanced. Come to think of it there is quite a few things in my life I would like to solve with an easy button. Like a job, and my marriage, and … well the list could go on and on.

I guess that as nice as an easy button would be, it would rob me of the lessons and growth of the struggles of life. I keep saying it, but there is value in the process. I am learning and growing day by day. Life is changing me, expanding my understanding and teaching me how to love more fully. I guess when it comes right down to it, it is not about my circumstances it is about my heart.

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” Proverbs 4:23

There is life to be lived right here, right now. It might not be easy, but the responsibility for it is all mine.

Just Connie

No comments: