Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving, a day to be thankful to eat traditional meals and gather with friends and family. For me today was not a traditional Thanksgiving Day.

Mom and I headed to the hospital early this morning to be with dad. We found him in good spirits. He is doing better each and every day. I have so much to be thankful for in his continued recovery. What a wonderful blessing it is.

I spent the day watching football, working on my sermon and just enjoying being with my family. My little sister popped in mid day and tonight my nephew's family stopped in. How grateful I am for a family that loves and supports each other. I know that mom will have plenty of support in the days ahead as Dad continues to recover. Yet two more things to be thankful for.

We were surprised by a special Thanksgiving meal from the hospital, complete with pumpkin pie. I truly thought we would be eating our Thanksgiving meal around the vending machine. That is yet another thing that I have to be thankful for today.

I am thankful for a thankful heart tonight. For the opportunity God has given me to stop and count my many blessings. In fact the count goes on .....

“O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.” Psalm 30:12

Just Connie

No comments: