Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Sunday

It has been a busy day, It’s Sunday so I had a class to teach and then of course church service. Afterwards I headed home to do my cooking for the big Thanksgiving dinner at the church.

I spent the afternoon cooking and watching TV. What I really wanted to do was crawl into bed and go to sleep. But I made it through and headed back to the church to set up for the dinner.

The dinner went very well. We had over 150 people there. Everyone seemed to have a good time and we had plenty of food. Food is always a good thing, It goes a long way to build bridges. Afterwards everyone lingered and talked and visited. That was really enjoyable. Then we spent about an hour and a half cleaning up and putting the church back together again.

On my way home I talked to mom and I got a good update on dad. He had a good day and there continues to be small improvements. I am hopeful that he will make a good recovery. I know that the family will continue to pull together and do what we can to help each other and my mother through this event.

So here I sit reflecting on the day that is quickly drawing to a close. It was full and busy and I am thankful for ministry, fellowship and family. God is good.

Just Connie

“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” 2 Corinthians 13:14

No comments: