Monday, November 23, 2009

Today's Sadness

I am tired inside and out. I think I am having a natural emotional reaction to the horrific events of the past weeks. But natural or not I am struggling tonight. I am surrounded by such a sense of sadness and loss. It permeates everything I do. It saps my strength and energy and feels as if I am carrying around a 100 pound weight.

I guess it is natural to feel sadness. There has been such terrible losses in the past year. My husband left, Grandma died, my best friend died, I lost my job, Dad’s accident and then Bear’s death. Anyone of those would have generated sadness on their own. But to have all of them happen in just 11 months …. well it sometimes is a flood that threatens to sweep me off my feet.

So where do I go from here? I am not entirely sure. I cannot see the path clearly at this point. But I think that is okay. I need to let it be what it is. The path will become clear as I keep moving ahead. I do not know what tomorrow holds but God does. That is enough for today.

“I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief." 1 Samuel 1:16

Just Connie

No comments: