Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pet Brains

An odd thing happened today. It was bath day for Charlie my sheep dog. If you want to get a clearer idea of what bath time is like you can read about it in my March 12th blog. It is a major undertaking at anytime. Unfortunately today I think her brain got wet in the process of her bath because she seems to have totally lost her mind.

Since I let her out of the flooded bathroom, she has been tearing around the house like a possessed beast. Currently she is spring boarding off the couch and running in circles int he family room. That is a pretty good undertaking when a 120 pound dog is leaping around in a room the size of a postage stamp without breaking anything. Every once in a while she would take a break from that and stand in front of me and bark. I am not sure exactly what she was saying, but I am pretty sure it was not complimentary. She would then go back to running in circles only slowing down to stop and shake water all over me.

I have never seen her quite this exuberant after a bath. I finally gathered her big furry face between my hands and gazed deeply into her brown yes and said, "I think your brains turned to mush during your bath." She immediately started hopping up and down like a bunny rabbit. I am pretty sure that she was in total agreement with me.

Now hours later she is still acting goofy. Hopefully by morning her brains will have dried out and things will be back to normal. Well as normal as they get around here.

Just Connie

No comments: