Monday, November 30, 2009

Night Time

I am curled up in the recliner in my jammies, the dog is curled up on the couch, Bubba Bunny is tearing around the room trying to get the dog's attention and the fire is taking the chill off the night. It is a beautiful evening.

I love this quiet time of the night. There is a feeling of peace that I often find to be missing. The animals bring me endless amusement and such a feeling of unqualified love. I am very thankful for them. They do a lot to fill up the lonely spots.

In a few minutes I will walk around the house blow out the candles, turn off the lights and check the locks. My sheep dog Charlie will follow me around from room to room unless I take too long and then she will stand in the bedroom door and bark at me. When I eventually climb into bed, get the covers and pillows situated just right, I will pick up my book and then lay back on the pillows. The second my head hits the pillow Charlie will jump up and join me on the bed. She will lay with her head on my chest while I read and scratch her head.


All in all a good night, a peaceful night. I think I will enjoy it.

"For now I would be lying down in peace; I would be asleep and at rest" Job 3:13

Just Connie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Connie and I so appreciate and am blessed richly by you sharing your vulnerability and YOU here in your quiet spaces...just wanted to leave my footprints and let you know I am thinking about you and continue to lift you and your family up in quite prayer to the Father who loves us most. Hugzzzz and loves my friend. Sweet sleep and Angels on your pillow ;=o)