Friday, May 6, 2011

Body Cooperation

My body does not always cooperate with my plans for the day. I woke up tired, headachy and achy this morning. I was planning house and yard work, but I knew that was probably out of my reach today. One of the side effects of liver disease is that you really have to watch that you are not pushing yourself too hard. I think I have been pushing a  little too hard. Too many 12-14 hour days and not enough rest and restoration time.

Last week when I was asked how my Ministerial Appointments Board could pray for me, I requested that they would pray that I would have balance in my life. Ministry, rest, and recreation all in perfect balance in Christ. This morning reminded me that I am not doing a very good job at this point right now.

So I have spent the day napping, taking aspirin and resting. Tomorrow I will jump back in with both feet. With any luck my body will cooperate a little better tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: