Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Night Thoughts

It has been a week .... a long, busy and often difficult week. It was full of crisises, problems and opportunities. Today I actually slept in. I spent the day watching old movies, doing housework, reading .... watching the rain and just resting. It was quiet and peaceful.

Tonight I headed to the church for prayer and worship. A group of us meets every Saturday night and we pray through the entire church. Then we gather the instruments and we worship. We have the keyboard, the guitars, the drums, a saxophone and a flute. Usually I enjoy sitting and singing but tonight I drug out my guitar and joined the musicians. It was so much fun and it brought back so many memories of playing for church. My guitar used to go everywhere with me and over the past years i have not played very much. it feels good to be playing again.

I left the church tonight rested and refreshed with my heart singing praise and gratitude. Today was exactly what I needed. Rest for my tired body and mind and refreshment for my wounded spirit.

And that .... is a wonderful way to end the week.

Just Connie

No comments: