Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wedensday Night Thoughts

We are running a series of "affinity groups" at the church. These are groups of people who have a joint interest in something. Right now we are running a quilting class. We are beginning with a small piecing project with pillowcases. Tonight we met at the fabric store across the street from the church and bought our fabric and supplies.

It was a lot of fun to browse with a group of women and poke through all the sewing supplies. It dawned on me as we were looking that I am usually doing this on my own. That I found it fun but a little odd to be doing it as part of a group.

I think I really need to continue to work on building relationships with other women. I spend too much time alone. Sometimes it is such a scary process. I have to admit that the fear of rejection is a ghostly presence hovering over me. My past and experience have taught me that rejection is not just possible ... but likely.

But yet I refuse to be defined by my past. I am choosing to step out in faith and just be who I am ... the way that God created me to be.

How could anyone not like that?

Just Connie

No comments: