Friday, May 20, 2011

I Need You

Sometimes I feel like my life is meetings. I recently told someone who told me that "you are in way too many meetings" that if it wasn't for meetings I would have no social life. Though I said it to be funny, there is a lot of truth to that statement. I live alone, I work alone for major portions of the day, I eat alone, I shop alone and if anyone was wondering ... I sleep alone.

I have found that at this time of my life I have to be pretty intentional to be with people. I go to meetings early and often stay late so I can talk with people. I chat on line, I write letters and I spend time on Facebook. All of those things help me to connect with other people. Because I have found that it is very easy to not connect. In fact it is all together too easy for me to let day after day slip away without inviting someone over, to not go and see the neighbors and to just curl up with the dogs and the bunny. And I know that is not good for me. I need other people. I need the stimulation, the love and the accountability that comes with being with people.

So this is a reminder to me .... that I need you. I am so thankful for all of you who take the time to read my thoughts and to let me share my life with you. Your support, your lives and your comments mean so much to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just Connie

1 comment:

t-dcrawford said...

Anytime. You are also my life line and I am not sure that is healthy for you but I sure appreciate it. It is so great having someone else in the family who is committed to our Lord. I love you so much!!!