Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quietly Serving

I just got home. The city had an appreciation dinner tonight for our teachers. All of the city leaders and businesses got together and had a fabulous steak dinner. Many of we community leaders came together to serve and say thank you to all our teachers. I took photos and bused tables.

The teachers seemed to be very pleased and surprised by what we did. I am so glad that we took the time to do this. I am really proud of our community. This was a wonderful affirmation for all they are doing to strengthen our children and our community.

It has got me to thinking of how many other unsung heroes are in our communities. People who are quietly doing their jobs and making all of our lives better because of their service. I think it would be good for me to take a look around me and take the time to say thank you to all those who serve.

I wonder ... who I will see? This could be a lot of fun .....

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

What a wonderful idea. I will join you in looking for those who quietly serve. Thank you for sharing this!