Friday, May 27, 2011

Ladies Night

I went to a play tonight. I do not often go to events like that because I do not enjoy going by myself. I think there must be a trick to it, kind of like eating by yourself in a restaurant. Since I have never learned the trick, I usually just do not go. But tonight a group of ladies all went together.

The play was delightful. Wonderful music, entertaining and just thoroughly enjoyable. But even more than the play I enjoyed my time with the other ladies. We went out for late night food and sat there and talked for over an hour. It was good to laugh and to just be with them.

I think I need to try to schedule in more evenings like this. When I am involved in a wide variety of activities it changes me. It broadens my viewpoint and my understanding. It challenges me to stretch and grow and be more than I am when when I am left to myself.

So once again I am reminded that I need to be active and I need other people. I am beginning to see a recurring theme.

I hope that I am paying attention.

Just Connie

No comments: