Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lawn Chores

I finally got my lawn mowed today. I was having trouble coordinating the time to do it at the same time that the weather was cooperating. Today dawned bright and clear and warm. I came home a little early and began the very long and hard process of mowing. The grass was really long. Mid calf in the back and still pretty wet. I would mow and unclog the mower and mow a little more and then unclog the mower.Then I would stop and pant and moan and then begin all over again.

But now it is done, and I have a few more days before I will need to do it again. I sat on the stairs with the garden hose and laughed at Hope Puppy as she chased the water around the yard. She loves the hose almost as much as she loves her ball. I just wish I could teach her to mow the yard. I would gladly get rid of this chore. I do not think I will ever enjoy doing it.

But it is done for now and for tonight that is enough.

Just Connie

2 comments:

t-dcrawford said...

Connie Congratulations. That is a horrible job. I remember when we lived in town and I did the grass between the house and the dirt road. It was like that but if I didn't keep it mowed in the summer time it was a fire hazard. I admire you for sticking to it and getting it done.

caro_watt said...

I love mowing the lawn! Cliff and I used to argue about who got to do it. Funny, we never argued about who "got" to do the laundry though. . .