Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ford Family Foundation Leadership Training

I just finished 4 months of classes with the Ford Family Foundation. They have been teaching  a group of community leaders to "lead". They have done personality tests, evaluations and taught us everything from conflict management to fundraising.

I have sometimes felt frustrated as we have gone through the process. I often felt herded and rushed through the process. and sometimes they were teaching skills that were very familiar to me and teaching it differently than I would. I would love to say that was no problem, but in all honesty it sometimes was. I felt the tension that it caused in me.

But we got through it and now the hard part begins. Our class project is to put benches in the community. We want benches that are made locally and incorporate artistic elements. It is a great project and will be a wonderful addition to our three communities. But there is hard work ahead.

Now is when we can show that we can utilize the skills they have been teaching us. I think we can ... I think we can ... I think we can.

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

I'll come and incorporate some of my artistic elements if you want me to. Remember who delightlfully artistic and talented I am that way? (Tee hee hee)