Saturday, January 21, 2017

A Great Group of People

I spent the evening with a wonderful group of people. It was the 2017 West Valley Fire District Awards Banquet. It is so much fun to be with these people that I respect and love. There was lots of laughing, lots of teasing and the opportunity to show how much we appreciate a job well done.

We had opportunity to share stories, give awards and just relax with each other. We do not often get that kind of time together.  So we enjoy the time we do have.

Last year I was called out at the beginning of the banquet to a fatal cardiac arrest. Much to my stunned amazement I received the Chief's Award while I was gone. Chief still gives me a hard time for not showing up to receive the award. But that is the reality of first responder life. I get called out of a lot of things.

Tonight sent me home feeling good, with a smile on my face. Feeling proud of those I work with and grateful for the opportunity to be with them. What a great way to end the day.

Just Connie

No comments: