Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Grateful

Pulled myself out of bed and got ready for the day. I knew that it was going to be a busy day with a lot to get done. I headed to the church and prepared for staff meeting, worked on some of the handouts for Thursday's Board meeting and put a call into my immunologist to talk about what had to be done before Thursday's treatment. The result of the phone call was that I would have to make an afternoon trip into Salem to see the Dr and try out one of the medicines to check for reactions. Which would mean at least two hours being monitored. I would also need to pick up a prescription from him while I was there.

Wrapping up the phone call, I headed into staff meeting with a great group of people. Where we scheduled, planned and prayed over the ministries at the church for the next 2 hours. From there I headed to the Kiwanis meeting where I spoke about the Community Kitchen and the needs that were facing us.

From there I ran down to the Fire Station to sign checks and make sure we were set for Thursday's scheduled treatment. Finishing at the station I headed into Salem to meet with the immunologist and be monitored with the new medication. For the next two hours or so, I fielded phone calls, arranged for the shipment of treatment medication and read. But at the end of the time I was pronounced safe enough to try one dose of the medication with treatment on Thursday, given a prescription to help with the nausea and the plan for the next couple of months.

Leaving the Dr's office I headed to Turner, where I had a Camps Board meeting. For the next two and a half hours, I looked at policy, procedure and budget, listened to reports and was completely blessed by the direction and management of our conference Camp.

So now it is 10pm and I am home from a 14 hour day. I find that I am grateful for so many things tonight. Grateful to be feeling better so that I can do a 14 hour day, grateful for my wonderful Dr's who are working so hard to  help me get better, grateful for the incredible people I work with across so many different groups.

And grateful is a pretty good way to end the day ...

Just Connie


No comments: