Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rough Treatment

Rough treatment day ... Even with the smaller amount of gamma globulin. The infusion went well, I was nauseous and had a migraine brewing and very, very tired. So pretty normal. I had something to eat and laid down to sleep it off. I woke up throwing up and coughing. My throat was increasingly tight and burning. I messaged our community paramedic that I was not doing well and something was not right. Soon after that I was wheezing and really struggling to get air.

Before I knew it the medics were there swarming me. Giving oxygen, getting the ephedrine ready and monitoring exactly what was happening. Over the next minutes I slowly got better and better. Finally we called my doctor and the paramedics gave all the right information and I was able to not be transported for a change.

My doctor will make a decision in the morning about tomorrow's treatment and I will hopefully try it again. Sigh ... I sure wish this was an easier process. But boy, oh boy, am I thankful for our paramedics.

Just Connie

No comments: