Saturday, January 14, 2017

Good Stuff

I went cross country skiing today. First time of the season. It was looking kind of iffy for a while, first because,of my health and then because of the weather. But today was beautiful. A gorgeous bright, very cold day.

We went to a Nordic ski center that I had never been to. There was an incredible view of Mt Hood and  wonderful trails. I have to admit that I got short of breath, my chest got tight and hurt, I had no stamina and I had to stop often .... But I had a wonderful time.

I am very committed to getting out and doing the things that give me life. And that means that I will not lay around and wait to get well. If the Dr's allow it, if I am upright and breathing I am headed to the slopes in the winter, the trails in the fall, spring and summer and of course the lakes and rivers in the summer. I believe that being active has been one of the things that has actually kept me from being a lot worse.

So in two weeks I have plans to hit the slopes again. If for some reason the snow is bad, we will hit the hiking trail. I can hardly wait to see what the next adventure will bring.

This is such good stuff!

Just Connie

No comments: