Sunday, January 8, 2017

Unexpected Blessing

I am curled up on the couch watching an old Doris Day movie when I normally should be in church. The predicted snow and ice storm came in with a vengeance and we are all iced in this morning. Which means that in the first time in over 35  years of ministry I cancelled a Sunday morning service.

So I am watching the movie, enjoying some unexpected down time, when I am not feeling too bad. I am hoping to get my Christmas decorations taken down today with this unexpected time bonus.

I have to admit that it is a beautiful frosty world out there. I filled the bird feeders and they are filled with birds of all kinds. I am enjoying watching them as they fight for position.

I am thinking that today is one of those unexpected blessings that come along. Recognizing it is one thing. Utilizing it will be a whole other thing.

Let's see how it goes ....

Just Connie

No comments: