Monday, January 16, 2017

Life is Busy

I popped out of bed at 5 this morning ... well I crawled out of bed at 5 because it had been an up and down night thanks to the massive steroids I am on. But I did get out of bed and head to yoga class which is always a great start to my day. Afterwards I headed home, cleaned up had breakfast, called one of my ministerial students (woke them up) and headed to the auto shop in a nearby community to have my car looked at.

Having them meet me at the Auto Shop and then drop me off at the church so I could work on my sermon was my plan for the day. It was only a couple of hours into my study day when dispatch called and sent me to the scene of a cardiac arrest. And there I sat at the church with no car ... So I called the station and had them pick me up so I could run to the station and get a rig to take to the scene. So for the next couple of hours I counseled and sorrowed with some extremely nice people. I helped prepare the deceased for the family to spend some time with him before the funeral home arrived and then finally headed back towards the church.

By the time I got back my car was ready so I rustled up a ride back to the Auto Shop and picked up my car ... sigh .. I have some work to get done on it. Picked up some lunch and headed back to the church to eat lunch and work on my sermon. On the way back (I drive with a blue tooth ear piece) I fielded a couple of calls from my Dr's office about my blood test results. They were not as bad as they have been, but not as good as I want. And I might need to increase some medication. We will see.

For the rest of the day I will wrap up the sermon, Sunday morning service and get everything sent to the appropriate people and then head home. And .... home means I need to get a couple of more Christmas boxes packed up to put away. It is so much more fun going up, than coming down.

Life is busy, but life is good and it feels great to be breathing without extreme difficulty.

Just Connie

No comments: