Friday, January 20, 2017

Dr Appointment

"Hold your breath ........ Breathe, now relax." The x-ray technician walked me through yet another chest x-ray. Gathering my clothes and dressing, I made my way through the hospital back to my pulmunologist's office.

4 and a half hours later, I left the office with the news that I had pneumonia. Sigh .... I was hoping they would find my lungs much approved. However he did say that I am an anomaly, my lung function should be much worse based on my x-rays. The reality is that being an athlete all my life has really benefitted my lung health. My continued activity level I am sure has benefitted my lungs.

So now, I am back on yet another antibiotic to add to my drug pile. Praying that this go around will kill thus current bug dead. This has been a particularly long infection cycle. But it really highlights the need to be back on treatment. I need antibodies to fight infection.

I guess the good news in all of this, is they found the pneumonia before I was feeling critically sick. That is a positive. It also explains why I have been sooooo tired. It is good to have a reason.

So I will rest, take my medication and keep trying to prepare for treatment. Just another step forward ....

Just Connie


No comments: